In a word, YES!
Think about it... You only have one chance to make a first impression, right?
You dress up for a job interview and a first date, why not do the same for your home?
Buyers make a decision within the first 10 seconds of walking into a house. Lighting, layout, smell...they all play a role. The top 10 reasons to stage your home, (there are more than 10 reasons) are below.
1. It won't COST you anything. At the end of the day, you'll actually MAKE more money!
2. Your house will sell faster!
3. Most sellers can't see their house objectively. After all, it's YOUR home. You see the same 4 walls every single day.
4. Hiring a staging consultant takes all the guesswork out of it.
5. People can't see the potential in a home, until you SHOW it to them! Get creative! A splash of color here, a dash of style there... Give your buyers something to visualize.
6. The cost of staging could be tax deductible! Talk to your Accountant!
7. NOT staging your home, can actually help the competition sell faster.
8. The longer your home is on the market, the lower the price goes. The cost of staging is ALWAYS less expensive than a price drop!
9. You can relax, knowing you've got the prettiest home on the market.
10. Staging, makes for MUCH better photos! Think about it...Everyone who sees your home on the internet, will make a choice whether or not they want to see it in person.